Skip to main content

Married with Minor Children

If you're in your twenties, thirties, or forties and married with young children under the age of 18, the most important thing you can do is name a guardian in your Will followed by trusts for your minor children. This is one of the most difficult, yet important, decisions that a parent can make. We can guide you on what the considerations are for naming an ideal guardian and trustee and create trusts until an age of financial maturity (for example, age 30) that will give you peace of mind that even if you were not here to raise your children that trusted loved ones would do so.

We also create for our clients a letter to guardians and trustees expressing their values, wishes, and hopes for their children should they not be there to see them grow up. Many parents find that just writing this down provides clarity and peace of mind for not only themselves, but also for their guardians and trustees.

If this describes your family, please contact us to get the discussion started.

Learn how we can help

We are eager to hear from you!